Tuesday 11 November 2008

Bad guys (Animation)

This section shows off both the technical and animation parts of the bad guys. When I was rigging the bad characters, I knew they were going to be far away from the camera so I chose to not rig them in detail as I have with the main girl Samira Igal.

The parts that I haven't emphasized was on the fingers. There are joints on the fingers and if needed to have the character hold on to something, the animator would manually select the finger joints and set the preferred hand/finger pose. However, this has proven to annoy certain animators but they have worked around it.





Because the concept of the film is universal to the world, I thought it would be wise to pick elements of of these concepts even if they were contriversial. Such a concept is child soldiers.
I used the kids rig and armed them with the weapon models that the bad guys used. this scene was entirely animated by me.




This is a render test of the kids scene:

No comments: